I’m tackling this Weekly Geeks task below
2. Using resources such as Wikipedia, the author’s website, whatever you can find, make a list of interesting facts about the author.
3. Post your fun facts list in your blog, maybe with a photo of the writer, a collage of his or her books, whatever you want.
4. Come sign the Mr Linky below with the url to your fun facts post.
5. As you run into (or deliberately seek out) other Weekly Geeks’ lists, add links to your post for authors you like or authors you think your readers are interested in.
- He is 88 years old and still publishing books
- He flew a spitfire during World War II
- He has published an autobiography, 41 novels, a volume of short stories and a non-fiction book
- All of the books have something to do with horses
- You can send an e-card with a dick francis theme
- No movies have been made of any of his novels (a TV mini-series was made in the early 70’s but it wasn’t based on one specific book)
- You can take a trivia quiz about dick francis at goodreads (for the record I scored 6/7)
- In 1957 Francis fell from his horse in a race and was advised he could not continue his career as a jockey so he became the racing correspondent for the Sunday Express (a London newspaper).
And he has bought this book blogger many hours of enjoyment.