A Scandinavian Challenge

OK OK I’ve succumbed to yet another challenge only days after telling you that I’m not really that into them but my excuse is that I really do want to read more Scandinavian crime fiction. Plus there are prizes (I wonder when the right moment is to mention that the mere sight of herring makes me vomit?)

Amy from The Black Sheep Dances is hosting the challenge which requires the reading of a mere 6 Scandinavian books before the end of the year. Having picked up Arnaldur Indriðason’s Hypothermia from the library today I figure I’ll be off to a good start. I haven’t chosen my 6 books yet but will make at least 3 of them new-to-me authors.

This entry was posted in memes and challenges, Scandinavian Reading Challenge 2010. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to A Scandinavian Challenge

1. Bernadette – I’ll be really interested, actually, to read your progress on this challenge, since I’m woefully and embarrassingly under-read on Scandanavian crime fiction. Maybe I’ll actually learn something : ).

2. Glad to see you on board Bernadette. The temptation was much too big for me also, plus I had a fair amount of Nordic crime fiction on my TBR pile.

3. Norm/Uriah says:

Sorry I just love herrings, and this is a challenge difficult to resist as I do have a lot of Scandinavians on my TBR list.

4. Karen M says:

I’ve read 6 already this year but don’t know whether that counts :). I haven’t yet finished The Snowman by Nesbo so there’s #1. I also have two Nessers, a Lackberg and several Jungstedts in my pile.

I’ve read quite a few this year already, too, maybe even 6 so I don’t know if that counts either. There certainly are plenty of good ones to choose from , that’s for sure.

6. Amy says:

Wow, my ears are burning! All this SRC talk! I talked to a few participants and if it okay with all, we’ve thought that any books being read or started on March 1, 2010 can count for the challenge.

Remember, we need all the suggestions we can get as so many aren’t familiar with the genre. So far I’ve also learned that Scandinavians (broad generalization coming) can be some of the most grizzly and imaginative criminals going! The mafia could take lessons! Cement shoes, so passe! HA.

No Sweat Bernadette. You’ll do well. I’m sure you will overcome this challenge with flying colours!

8. Belle says:

I’ve sworn off challenges, but this one would actually be a good one for me, because I’ve got the Larssen books in my tbr but just have never gotten around to them!