My Life In Books – Redux

Last year I participated in a fun meme to describe my life in terms of the books I read during the year. Now Pop Culture Nerd has created a 2010 version of the meme with new sentences. I couldn’t resist taking part once again, using only books I’ve read so far this year.

In high school I was: On Edge (Barbara Fister)

People might be surprised I’m: Evil Under the Sun (Agatha Christie)

I will never be: Under Orders (Dick Francis)

My fantasy job is: Mistress of the Art of Death (Ariana Franklin)

At the end of a long day I need: The Way Home (George Pelecanos)

I hate it when: The Prophet Murders (Mehmet Murat Somer)

Wish I had: Bold Blood (Lindy Kelly)

My family reunions are: Company of Liars (Karen Maitland)

At a party you’d find me with: A Few Right Thinking Men (Sulari Gentill)

I’ve never been to: The Coffin Trail (Martin Edwards)

A happy day includes: Awakening (SJ Bolton)

Motto I live by: Let the Dead Lie (Malla Nunn)

On my bucket list: Slay Ride (Chris Grabenstein)

In my next life, I want to be: The Railway Detective (Edward Marston)

Once again I found this a difficult task as so many of the books I’ve read include words like death and blood in their titles but it is a fun meme so feel free to play along.

This entry was posted in memes and challenges, silly nonsense. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to My Life In Books – Redux

Oh what fun – I will give this a go if I have time. Great answers! I’ll have the same problem, though, with all my blackness and shadows.

2. Bernadette – Oh, this is wonderful!!! I think my favourite is your response to the I Will Never Be prompt : ). I just love this!

3. le0pard13 says:

Some great book titles and answers. Thanks.

Wish I Had: Bold Blood! Now really, how can one top that? I have to tell myself to have Bold Blood today when I argue with a printing company.

Arrrrrrggggghhhh!

And you are the person who keeps telling me to run home and write. I won´t let anyone tempt me. I won´t let anyone tempt me …

6. This is fantastic! Like you, I read mostly crime fiction so doing this was a bit of a challenge with so many grim titles, but you did such a great job putting a positive spin on them, especially with BOLD BLOOD. Your family reunions answer is hilarious!

Thanks for participating and making this so fun!

7. Awakening! Too funny. These were some really great answers. I read a lot of mystery, but I had enough other types of fiction to keep it from being too gruesome.

8. BooksPlease says:

Very good. I like your response to ‘A happy day includes’ !

I did a similar list last night and think it’s funny and I need a place to post it. Since I have no website, can I ask for permission to post it here tonight?

10. Oh please do Kathy I’d love to see your list

11. Cathy says:

You have some brilliant answers, and it seems as though we see eye to eye on parties and family reunions!

It’s so hard to pare down the list. There are a few oddities in here–one nonmystery and one oldie but goodie:

In high school I was: In Free Fall (Juli Zeh)

People might be surprised I’m: Woman with Birthmark (Hakan Nesser)

I will never be: Caught (Harlan Coben)

My fantasy job is: Long Lost (Harlan Coben)

At the end of a long day I need: Friends, Lovers, Chocolates (Alexander McCall Smith)

I hate it when: The River Runs Orange (R.J. Harlick)

Wish I had: The Maltese Falcon (Dashiell Hammett)

My family reunions are: A Bad Day for Sorry (Sophie Littlefield)

At a party you’d find me with: The Man from Beijing (Henning Mankell)

I’ve never been to: Gunshot Road (Adrian Hyland)

A happy day includes: The Scenic Route (Binnie Kirshenbaum) and
    The Age of Dreaming (Nina Revoyr)

Motto I live by: Truth (Peter Temple)

On my bucket list: City of Dragons (Kelli Stanley)

In my next life, I want to be: The Girl who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest (Stieg Larsson)

13. Jose Ignacio says:

Just realised we have not been to the Coffin Trail, Bernadette.

14. Oh Kathy I like your answers – especially the at the end of the day one – that sounds good to me. Seems no one is especially fond of family reunions given all the answers I’ve seen 🙂

I kept juggling the books around and laughing all the while. Originally, I was going to put down after “At then end of the day I need” “The Hidden Man,” by David Ellis, a legal/suspense. But then I was laughing and just put in “The Man from Beijing,” as whom I’d be at a party with. I mean, come on, how much fooling around could I do–all in my head?

16. Pingback: My Life as a Book 2011 | Reactions to Reading