Having successfully completed this year’s Aussie Authors Challenge I am keen to participate in next year’s challenge. It is once again being ably hosted by Joanne at Booklover Book Reviews. Next year there is a new True Blue level of the challenge which carries a requirement to read 12 books by Australian authors. Given that I have just finished my 19th book by an Aussie for this year I hope to maintain a similar pace. As part of my overall aim to reduce my TBR piles I have at least 15 books on my shelves (or devices) that would qualify
- Alex Palmer – The Tattooed Man
- Angela Savage – Behind the Night Bazaar
- Emma Tom – Deadset
- Felicity Young – Harum Scarum
- Fergus Hume – The Mystery of a Hansom Cab
- Garry Disher – Snapshot
- Kathryn Fox – Death Mask
- Kel Robertson – Dead Set: An Inspector Chen Novel
- Lindy Cameron – Bleeding Hearts & Blood Guilt (Kit O’Malley Mystery Series)
- Maria Simms – The Dead House
- Meredith Whitford – Shakespeare’s Will (this one’s not even crime fiction and I’m still going to read it)
- Michael Robotham – Bombproof
- P D Martin – Kiss of Death & Coming Home (Sophie Anderson books #5 and #6)
Plus there’s a new title out by Katherine Howell that I haven’t yet gotten hold of and Sulari Gentil will be publishing her second Rowly Sinclair book next year and hopefully there’ll be new titles from Leah Giarratano and P M Newton. I will also be very curious to see what 2011 brings from Lindy Cameron’s new publishing house, Clan Destine Press, which she says will be publishing ‘a couple of gritty crime novels’ .
Of all my ‘challenges’ this one should be the easiest to complete but also the most fun as I do enjoy highlighting great local talent.