The What’s In A Name challenge is an annual one that looks simpler than it was. To read a paltry 6 books across a whole year is nothing really but a couple of the categories proved a little difficult for me. Funnily enough I had no problems with titles containing the word evil or books with a life stage in the name (though it possibly says something about my damaged psyche that all my options incorporated ‘death’) but I ended up having to cheat a little with the last category I finished – a book with a size in the title. I don’t suppose ‘short’ is really a size but the book I had selected (containing the word Quarters) ended up soaking in the washing up water for about an hour and it hasn’t been the same since. All but one of the six books I read were rated 3 stars or above which means this was a good challenge, quality wise, as well as being a bit of fun (if you want to know without clicking on the review links Three Seconds was the book that did little for me).
- A book with a number in the title: Three Seconds by Anders Roslund & Börge Hellström
- A book with jewellery or a gem in the title: Diamonds for the Dead by Alan Orloff
- A book with a size in the title: A Short Cut to Paradise by Teresa Solana
- A book with travel or movement in the title: A Walk in the Dark by Gianrico Carofiglio
- A book with evil in the title: Evil Intent by Kate Charles
- A book with a life stage in the title: Kiss of Death by P D Martin
Anyway thanks to Beth Fish Reads for hosting the challenge and though I am not intending to participate in more than one challenge next year if I do find myself looking for a bit of a challenge I can see myself being tempted by the 2012 version of this challenge