One of my earliest bookish blog discoveries was Pop Culture Nerd and it is still one of my favourite places to go for booky news, not least because the resident Ninja there has taken the My Life as a Book meme and made it her own. And so, for the fourth year in a row, this year’s My Life as a Book meme has begun. All you need to do is complete the supplied sentences using the titles of books you have read this year.
- Every Monday I look/feel like: (going) Into the Darkest Corner (Elizabeth Haynes)
- Last time I went to a doctor/therapist was because: (I have) Hysteria at the Wisteria (Ellen Mary Wilton)
- Last meal I ate was: Affairs of Steak (Julie Hyzy)
- My savings account is: Ghost Money (Andrew Nette)
- When a creepy guy/girl asks for my number, I: (am) Gone (Mo Hayder)
- Ignorant politicians make me: (dream of) A Place of Execution (Val McDermid)
- Some people need to spend more time: (in a) Fun House (Chris Grabenstein)
- My memoir could be titled: The Age of Doubt (Andrea Camilleri)
- If I could have, I would’ve told my teenage self: (you kill the bull) Or The Bull Kills You (Jason Webster)
- In five years I hope I am: Paving the New Road (Sulari Gentill)
I have all but given up on book blogging memes but I do have a soft spot for the silliness of this one. Do join in.
I first saw the meme on Petrona in 2009 and she saw it at Book Dilettante who got it from Booksnbards (which is where my short history dies as that blog is no longer with us). Here are my efforts for 2009, 2010 and 2011